TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - So i have a SPL/McCulloch radiator. The one with the
People Seeking Info

Subject So i have a SPL/McCulloch radiator. The one with the

Posted by kickerzx on November 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM
  This message has been viewed 577 times.

Message integrated oilcooler in it.
The thing is, the oilcooler adaptor that is fitted between the filterbracket and the filter itself doesnt fit OEM filters. The little rim, or lip if you will, cant pass the "edge" on the adaptor so a "rimless" filter has to be used. I found a rimless made by Purolator wich i bought a bunch of when i first found them. Now im empty and they no longer make them like that.
Sooo. I figured i would try to modify the adaptor to fit rimed filters as i once saw a guy that had done this somwhere. And he did it with success i might add. Well that plan did not fly as i struck oil and ruined the adaptor.
Now im looking for a replacement. And i would prefeer an angeled one
After a while searching the web trying to find one (not too easy i can tell you) i found this.
[ http://www.ebay.com/itm/360257604167 ]
Didnt really search on ebay but it came up anyways.
Got it today and it proves useless. Also the OEM filter doesnt fit this one either. When my (last remaining) purolator filter is screewed onto it the seal on the filter barely touches the mating surface. It will without a doubt leak when oilpressure is applied.

Here is a picture with it fully "seated". You can se light under the gasket where the red ring is.
photo light.jpg

photo light.jpg

photo DSC_0390.jpg

photo adaptor.jpg

photo DSC_0392.jpg

So anyone know of an adaptor that fits OEM filters and is not made in f***ing China?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.